I’ve been listening to a lot of old folk music lately. It seems like the right soundtrack for analogue photography. I feel it shares a certain quality with it, a certain timelessness….
The song is much older than that, though; in 1904, Cecil Sharp included a version of it in his book Folk Songs From Somerset. I love the idea that music that old is still alive and being sung - Jonny Kearney and Lucy Farrell released a beautiful version of it only last year.
- cometsovcupid likes this
- bubblegumcageiv reblogged this from analoganalogue and added:
- bubblegumcageiv likes this
- ingus-tribail reblogged this from analoganalogue
- kangaroobeer likes this
- bossa likes this
- thunderboltpagoda likes this
- fuckyeahtraditionalfolk reblogged this from analoganalogue and added:
- julienc likes this
- analoganalogue posted this